Advertisement

25 November 2017

Lorne - 'Maze' EP Review

After being a Featured Artist of mine a few months ago, I've always kept in touch with Lorne. So I was ever so excited to see that he'd released his debut EP 'Maze' yesterday. Read what I had to say about his music HERE.


Songs of the EP swing between sway-your-arms sombre and tap-your-feet-upbeat and it's a perfect mix, especially as the release of debut single 'Bread Alone' left me wanting to hear more from Lorne, and I wasn't disappointed. His sound is definitely comparable to bands like Bastille, with bare and perfect vocals, accompanied by a very minimalist but necessary backing track. 

'Oil and Water' is quite the example of what I mean and I think is the knockout track of the four-song EP. Its message and slow tempo is both an illustration of the next part of the tragic story being portrayed throughout each song.

Overall it's a great start from Lorne and I can't wait to hear more from him - neither should you. Go and listen on Spotify and buy the EP on iTunes, you won't be disappointed. 

Happy Listening!

A K Jones
xx

Follow me on social media!

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I really appreciate it. xx

© Hooked On The Music | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig